Our people are the foundation from which we build.
WORKING AT HAYCON
We encourage self-evolution, celebrate diversity, and allow each team member’s strengths to shine. Teamwork and transparent communication are essential to our work. We take pride in what we do and in our ability to consistently deliver quality construction.
Haycon’s core values consist of honesty, integrity, and trust.
Public Agency Liaison
Director of Operations
Director of Talent
Lead Carpenter, Foreman
Mechanic, Field Engineer
Energy Modeling Intern
BUILD A FUTURE WITH US!
Haycon Inc. and its affiliates are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity hiring. We are pro-active in community and minority hiring, and we will not discriminate against anyone based on their race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
To be considered for opportunities, please click the button below to fill out and submit an application.
Click on a job title to see more information regarding job requirements, compensation, etc.
We are not seeking to fill any positions at this time, but feel free to email us your resume via email@example.com and we will be in touch when a relevant position becomes available.
We have a need for an experienced, Boston-based Laborer! This is a full time position with an immediate start.
This job is for someone who is committed and ready to work. Daily tasks include but are not limited to:
- Jobsite clean-up
- Light demolition
- Assisting tradesmen when needed
- Must be RELIABLE, DEPENDABLE, HARD WORKING.
- Have the ability to work safely in a construction environment
- Be familiar with construction safety equipment (hardhat, boots, safety gear), and willing to wear it at all times
- Have reliable transportation
- Hold a current, clean MA drivers’ license
- Have the ability to work consistently
- Be able to provide references for prior construction experience
Compensation: $17.00 – $18.00 per hour
This role is suited to a self-starter with experience in multi-unit residential construction, and knowledge of affordable housing. Our culture promotes self-direction, and a driven, self-assured candidate will have the opportunity to be managing their own project(s) quickly. A background in construction is extremely helpful, giving you an understanding of the tech aspects of projects. A passion for high-performance/Passive House building techniques and future-focused design is a BIG plus!
This APM will have touchpoints across all aspects of our projects, providing excellent growth trajectory and professional knowledge gain. You’ll be heavily engaged in all aspects of the project from the beginning, and interact with PM team members, customers, subs, etc.
Day-to-day tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Enter project contacts in Procore.
- Upload drawing sets and specifications in Procore. Order hard copies of drawings from printing vendor.
- Draft subcontracts and purchase orders in Procore.
- Build submittal log in Procore from specifications and drawings.
- Produce and submit packages and return reviewed submittals to subcontractor. Maintain submittal log.
- Enter RFI’s in Procore. Maintain RFI log.
- Complete quantity takeoffs on drawings and create finish/fixture schedules.
- Assist Senior PM with sourcing, pricing, purchasing materials online.
- Manage inventory and distribution of fixtures & finishes.
- Request, receive, upload subcontractor Certificates of Insurance. Maintain Procore tracking.
- Request, receive, upload subcontractor minority work hours tracking and Lien Waivers (monthly.)
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Mechanical/Civil/Electrical Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years of construction-related experience, in multi-unit residential building
- Knowledge of construction practices, building sequence, terminology.
- Training or experience with a medium to large-sized construction company a big plus.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, Procore.
- Communication skills including professional email and telephone, adequate English language skills, bilingual a plus.
Bring your passion for sustainable building and your drawing experience and learn the future of the industry!
This internship supports our BIM Coordinator and Project Manager on our flagship CLT Passive House project. As we develop drawings and models to help collaborate and integrate with Sub Contractors (Subs), this Intern will help bridge the information gap, and create/take drawings to the field. The role is a blend of in-office and onsite at the project, based in the South End.
This is suited to someone technically minded, with experience both reading and creating drawings.
Daily tasks will include but not be limited to the following:
- Using AutoCAD to create drawings
- Creating drawings for field use for subs to use from our BIM Coord model
- Taking onsite measurements – laying out walls, penetrations, openings (windows & doors) etc.
- Using technology to lay stuff out in the field
- Quality Control – inspecting work performed by Subs
- Observing and inspecting issues discovered onsite
- Creating punch lists
- Office Support – using Procore: Invoice tracking, write professional emails, making phone calls to Subs, vendors – ordering equipment, reviewing contracts, invoices, etc.
- Learning Total Station
- Working in Site Office
- Engineering Major
- AutoCAD experience is a MUST
- Revit, Navisworks a big plus
- Drawing experience – both reading and creating
- Ability to do take-offs, compile Purchase Orders