Our people are the foundation from which we build.
WORKING AT HAYCON
Jobs at Haycon are not your typical construction jobs. Our company’s diversity, values, and innovative approach to building set us apart from the rest.
We encourage self-evolution, celebrate diversity, and allow each team member’s strengths to shine. Teamwork and transparent communication are essential to our work. We take pride in what we do and in our ability to consistently deliver quality construction.
Haycon’s core values consist of honesty, integrity, earnestness, and innovation. We conduct business in a way that allows us to garner trust and build rapport with our partners and clients. Our commitment to future-forward building methods speaks to our company’s longevity.
BUILD YOUR CAREERS WITH US!
Haycon has a variety of in-office and on-site construction positions available! Individuals passionate about Passive House building are especially encouraged to apply. Click the job titles below to see detailed information about each role.
We are not seeking to fill any positions at this time, but feel free to email us your resume via email@example.com and we will be in touch when a relevant position becomes available.
We have a need for an experienced, Boston-based Laborer! This is a full time position with an immediate start.
This job is for someone who is committed and ready to work. Daily tasks include but are not limited to:
- Jobsite clean-up
- Light demolition
- Assisting tradesmen when needed
- Must be RELIABLE, DEPENDABLE, HARD WORKING.
- Have the ability to work safely in a construction environment
- Be familiar with construction safety equipment (hardhat, boots, safety gear), and willing to wear it at all times
- Have reliable transportation
- Hold a current, clean MA drivers’ license
- Have the ability to work consistently
- Be able to provide references for prior construction experience
Compensation: $17.00 – $18.00 per hour
This role is suited to a self-starter with experience in multi-unit residential construction, and knowledge of affordable housing. Our culture promotes self-direction, and a driven, self-assured candidate will have the opportunity to be managing their own project(s) quickly. A background in construction is extremely helpful, giving you an understanding of the tech aspects of projects. A passion for high-performance/Passive House building techniques and future-focused design is a BIG plus!
This APM will have touchpoints across all aspects of our projects, providing excellent growth trajectory and professional knowledge gain. You’ll be heavily engaged in all aspects of the project from the beginning, and interact with PM team members, customers, subs, etc.
Day-to-day tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Enter project contacts in Procore.
- Upload drawing sets and specifications in Procore. Order hard copies of drawings from printing vendor.
- Draft subcontracts and purchase orders in Procore.
- Build submittal log in Procore from specifications and drawings.
- Produce and submit packages and return reviewed submittals to subcontractor. Maintain submittal log.
- Enter RFI’s in Procore. Maintain RFI log.
- Complete quantity takeoffs on drawings and create finish/fixture schedules.
- Assist Senior PM with sourcing, pricing, purchasing materials online.
- Manage inventory and distribution of fixtures & finishes.
- Request, receive, upload subcontractor Certificates of Insurance. Maintain Procore tracking.
- Request, receive, upload subcontractor minority work hours tracking and Lien Waivers (monthly.)
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Mechanical/Civil/Electrical Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years of construction-related experience, in multi-unit residential building
- Knowledge of construction practices, building sequence, terminology.
- Training or experience with a medium to large-sized construction company a big plus.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, Procore.
- Communication skills including professional email and telephone, adequate English language skills, bilingual a plus.
Haycon needs trades specialists and Sub Contractors to work on our small to mid-sized residential projects.If you have experience in multi-unit residential building (10-50 units), please reach out to us! We strongly encourage minority- and women-owned businesses to apply.
We are seeking an experienced Site Superintendent to oversee the daily operations onsite at our residential building project. We’re building cool buildings using forward-looking methodology, and we’re focused on building sustainable, affordable housing to help improve the lives of those who live here.
Demonstrating dependability and reliability, your daily tasks will include jobsite opening and closing, logging site visitors, monitoring site work, safety inspections, and logging project status updates in Procore.
Previous construction experience is key, along with strong communication skills and a desire to be instrumental in keeping the project on schedule and on budget!
Haycon Inc. and its affiliates are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity hiring. We are pro-active in community and minority hiring. Moreover, we will not discriminate against anyone based on their race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.